The DeltaClimeVT business accelerator (formerly Accel-VT) is a Vermont-based program serving startup and seed-stage ventures focusing on climate economy innovation across multiple industries.
As a proven leader in sustainability, Vermont offers participants access to a large number of entrepreneurial climate economy and energy experts throughout the program.
Our three immersive sprints help companies refine their vision, solidify their strategy, and enable rapid growth. Participants graduate with improved business plans, new tools to attract investors, and the potential to grow their business opportunities in Vermont and beyond.
DeltaClimeVT Energy2020 climate economy business accelerator connects nationwide start-ups with Vermont electric utilities and energy companies: Read more.
DeltaClimeVT climate economy business accelerator selects Energy 2020 cohort and kicks off virtual programming: Read more.
Vermont-based climate economy business accelerator Accel-VT rebrands as DeltaClimeVT and seeks entrepreneurs for Energy 2020 program: Read more.
Positively Vermont Interviews Geoff Robertson
To be part of a competitively-selected cohort of startup and/or seed stage ventures who offer products or services, including smart home and building technologies, aimed at reducing fossil fuel use and greenhouse gas emissions in buildings, enable better integration of distributed resources and smart building technologies, increase resiliency and/or support demand management strategies that avoid peak time energy usage.
The goal for the DeltaClimeVT Energy2020 program was to help move us toward a zero-carbon future through better integration of distributed resources and smart building technologies and to help Vermont’s utilities harden the distribution network against outages.
We were particularly interested in technologies that have wide potential applicability and enable low and moderate-income populations and multi-family building residents to participate in the low-carbon economy.
Examples of technologies or services could include but were not limited to:
- Innovative heating systems, such as advanced wood heat, geothermal heat pumps, advanced air to water heat pump systems or heat pump technology with integrated storage or demand response controls;
- Building controls that align with utility demand response signals;
- New weatherization materials or building construction materials that have lower embodied carbon footprints and help reduce energy use;
- Smart thermostats, EV charging supply equipment and other devices to include storage that could align with utility demand response signals;
- Fuel cell technologies;
- Innovative solutions to bring reliable connectivity (ex. broadband) to rural areas to enable behind the meter technologies;
- Innovative financing models for technologies and services (e.g. innovative loans, on-bill financing, heating as a service)
- Any other technology or service that reduces energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in buildings and/or supports demand management in buildings.
The Energy 2020 winners, selected through a peer-review process, include Pecos Wind Power receiving a $25,000 non-equity prize, Medley Thermal receiving a $15,000 non-equity prize, and Wex Energy receiving a $10,000 non-equity prize. Plus five pilot projects with Vermont utilities announced. Read the recap here.
AG & FOOD TECH2018
Winners – Emrgy Inc. of Georgia and A.F. Mensah of New Jersey. Read the recap here.
“I can’t recommend this program enough for early-stage pre-seed/seed entrepreneurs. With a small (highly focused) cohort, phenomenal facilitators with decades of experience, and people who truly care about helping to advance your startup in a meaningful way, DeltaClimateVT is an unparalleled program in the accelerator space.”
By The Numbers
“This program clearly demonstrated that there is no better place in the United States to convene startups, investors, and industry leaders to solve important climate problems than Vermont.”
Industry expertise, a network of established climate economy enterprises, and access to potential partners and growth capital are available to all DeltaClimeVT participants.
Participants are guided through the world-class ecosVC curriculum, designed to test assumptions, expose and remediate business vulnerabilities, prepare for significant investment, and provide a platform for rapid scale. All cohort Members will have the opportunity to forge meaningful relationships with high quality investors and potential customers.